What, Why and How of Studying Literature
As a part of student-reflection on learning, they are asked to add a page on their Digital Portfolio about:
- What is Literature?
- Why study Literature?
- How difference does it make?
To help students in this process of reflective learning, some useful blogs, vidoes, web-articles are shared here. As it is necessary to give line of thought or some starting points, so that students can realise what is expected, here are some resources:
- What Literature is for?
- What Books Do for the Human Soul: The Four Psychological Functions of Great Literature“Writers open our hearts and minds, and give us maps to our own selves.” (MARIA POPOVA)
- How English Literature Shaped me - Aravind Adiga
- IIT dropout finds B.A. English syllabus equally uninteresting (Pagal Patrakar)
- Life at Delhi University | 5 things every English Honours student goes through in college!
We can also ponder on the characters in literary texts in syllabus
Here are some noteworthy links: